Monday, September 27, 2010

Frustration

On a hot muggy afternoon, I listen to my son and husband argue about the spring from a lawn mower starter. Or some such thing. The humidity gets to them I think. I've now been unemployed for a week. Money is tighter than a gnats ass. How do you get a 16 year old to understand that and stop asking for everything under the sun? Especially my boy? How I love that child.

He's challenging me daily. Deliberately challenging authority. Broke into the neighbors home. Apparently nothing was stolen, but still. Why? He scared the living crap out of the little boy that lives there, and the mom had to buy new locks and have them installed.

I just finished listening to her tell him how scared they were, and that her son was afraid to sleep in his room. Mr. D will be paying her back for the cost of the locks and is no longer welcome in her house. He used to go over and play the Wii*. I can't look the woman in the eye. I know that I didn't do this, that Mr. D is responsible for his own actions, but oh, I feel soo humiliated.

We're considering sending him to the youth academy...and he said he'll go. I'm printing the application and information packet now. I hate the idea of "sending him away". I am so $#*^%$ frustrated. He's starting to rage again.

No comments:

Post a Comment